Have you ever wished you had more concrete proof of things they told you over text? Maybe you need to prove a point, resolve a dispute, or keep a record of important information.
Whatever the reason, printing text messages is a great way to keep a hard copy of your conversations, which can be helpful if you ever need to go to court or simply hold someone accountable.
But how do you print text messages on your iPhone? It’s not as simple as you might think. Unlike other phones, iPhones do not have a built-in option to print messages directly from the Messages app. However, there are still a few ways to do this, depending on how many messages you want to print and whether you want a physical or digital copy.
1. Use screenshots
The easiest and fastest way to print text messages on an iPhone is to take screenshots of the conversation and then print them from the Photos app. This method works well if you only have a few messages to print and you don’t mind having them in image format. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Messages application and choose the conversation you want to print.
- To take a screenshot of the conversation, depending on the type of iPhone you have, click lock button and the top volume button at the same time, or on some older iPhones, click the start button and the lock button at the same time.
- Then go to Photos application.
- Tap on the Albums tab and select Screenshots.
- Click Select and touch all screenshots you want to print (a check mark appears in a blue circle).
- Then, in the bottom left corner, tap the share button.
- Then select Print.
- Make sure you have a wireless printer within range and connected to your iPhone, and adjust the settings as desired.
- Tap Print at the top right and wait for your messages to print.
You have successfully printed text messages on your iPhone using screenshots. However, if you have a lot of messages to print, this method may not be very efficient as you will have to take several screenshots and print them one by one. In that case, you may want to try the following method.
2. Convert Text Messages to PDF on Mac
One way to save entire text conversations is to convert a chat to PDF from your Mac. However, as you’ll see in the steps below, if you want to download all the text messages you’ve had with someone over a long period of time, it’s You may have to scroll back a lot and then you may find that your Messages app may even close. This process is best for a short-term print/save situation, but is somewhat unreliable if you want to go back a long time to print and save your conversations.
- Open the iMessages app on your Mac.
- Select the text conversation you want to save for by clicking on it.
- Select Archive.
- Then choose Print.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Type of file.
- Choose Save as pdf.
- Now choose what you want Save as, Where you want to save it, also the Qualification, Author and Subject.
- Then click Save.
- Now you should have a PDF with your conversation texts and images.
3. Send conversations to a different phone number
Let’s say you don’t have access to a printer, but you still want to copy and export your text thread from your iPhone. You can send it to another number and then print it later. This is good if you want to share some conversation threads but not the entire text thread you’ve had with someone for years. Follow these steps to send your conversations:
- Start the iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Find the conversation what do you want to save and open it.
- Touch and hold a message bubble in the conversation.
- Tap Further.. when the menu appears.
- Select manually all messages you want to save by tapping the circles to the left of the message bubbles.
- Select all messages you want to save by tapping the circles to the left of the message bubbles.
- Tap on the Share option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now choose TO Who do you want to share the conversation with?
- Click on the up arrow in green circle to share.
4. Use a third-party app
Another way to print text messages on an iPhone is to use a third-party app called iMazing. This app allows you to export your messages as a PDF file, which you can then print from your computer or save as a digital copy. This method works well if you have a long history of messages to print and want them in text format. Here’s how to do it:
- Once downloaded, Install the app on your computer, and launch he.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
- to unlock your iPhone and tap Trusted device When requested.
- In the app sidebar, select your device and then click Messages.
- Select the conversation you want to export.
- In the upper right corner, select of and to What are the dates of the conversations you want to print.
- Adjust settings as you wish and make sure you have a printer connected to your computer and then click Print again.
Alternatively, if you want to export the messages as a digital copy to save on your computer, you can do the following:
- Follow the same steps as above until step 6.
- Instead of clicking Print, click Export to PDF.
- Click Next, and choose the name and location where you want to save the PDF file.
- Click Export, and wait for your messages to be exported.
Kurt’s Key Takeaways
Printing text messages on an iPhone can be useful for a variety of purposes, such as keeping a record of evidence, documenting important information, or preserving memories. However, it’s not very easy to do this directly from the Messages app, so you’ll have to use some alternative methods, such as taking screenshots or using a third-party app like iMazing.
Have you ever printed text messages on your iPhone? If so, what was the reason and what method did you use? Let us know by writing to us at Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more tech tips and security alerts, sign up for my free CyberGuy Report newsletter by heading to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about CyberGuy:
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.