The San Francisco 49ers (12-4) have clinched the top seed in the NFC playoffs and a first-round bye. You can expect plenty of backups to get more playing time for the Niners on Sunday. The Los Angeles Rams (9-7) have clinched a wild card spot and also have little at stake on Sunday. A win along with a loss for the Packers to the Bears will take them from No. 7 to No. 6.
The Rams and 49ers begin in San Francisco at 1:25 pm Pacific Time (4:25 pm Eastern Time) in fox We’ll show you how you can watch it, even if the game isn’t available on your local Fox channel.
The game will be broadcast on television in the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas (according to 506 Sports) in live television broadcast services, but there may be cases where you are blocked due to an Internet location issue or if you have chosen to have an additional layer of privacy for transmission.
There is an option that does not require a subscription to something like NFL Sunday Ticket either NFL Plusor search the Internet for an incomplete website: you can use a virtual private network, or vpn.
Here’s how you can watch the game from anywhere in the US with a VPN.
Rams vs. 49ers: When and where?
In Week 18 of the NFL season, the 49ers will host the Rams at 1:25 pm PT (4:25 pm ET) on Sunday. The game will take place at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California, home of the 49ers.
How to Watch the Rams vs. 49ers Game Online from Anywhere Using a VPN
If you can’t watch the game locally due to blocking restrictions applied incorrectly, you may need a different way of looking; That’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s a great idea when you’re traveling and connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an additional Wi-Fi network. privacy layer for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. If your Internet provider or mobile operator has assigned you an IP address that incorrectly puts you in a restricted area, a VPN can fix this by giving you an IP address in your correct, unrestricted area. Most VPNs, like ours Editor’s Choice, ExpressVPN – make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You need to make sure your VPN is configured correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blocking restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other fantastic VPN Offers taking place right now.
Live stream the Rams vs. 49ers game in the US
This week’s Rams-49ers game is on Fox, so in addition to a VPN set up for an area where the game is being played (see tips below), you’ll need one live TV streaming service which broadcasts a local Fox affiliate that broadcasts the game. The cheapest service is Sling TV Blue.
Many other live TV streaming services also carry local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream, and Fubo. They all cost more than Sling TV, but they also carry more channels, including football streaming channels like ESPN. Take a look at our guide to live tv streaming services for details.
If you live in an area where the game is broadcast, a wireless antenna connected to your TV offers another option for Fox. The best thing about antennas is that there are no monthly or streaming fees required, although you’ll need to make sure have good reception.
Quick Tips for Streaming Rams vs. 49ers using a VPN
- With four variables at play (your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN), your experience and success may vary.
- Sling Blue is only an option as long as the ability to get local Fox affiliates is active on your account. You may want to verify that your billing address is eligible for that option before committing your credit card.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble accessing the game after activating your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try to quickly fix it. First, log in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct display area. Otherwise, you may need to change the physical address registered on your account. Second, some smart TVs, like Roku, don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any devices on your Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address registered on your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also come in handy, as both devices will appear in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often reveal a location despite using a VPN, so be sure to use a privacy-first browser to log in to their services. We usually recommend Brave.